Healing the emotions is key to healing all levels of the being. It would be a wonderful thing if we were taught in elementary school how to handle our emotions in healthy and productive ways. Instead, many of us got a message from society that it isn’t appropriate to express our feelings in the moment, and so many of us end up suppressing them. We stuff them down and try to forget about them. But the energy of these emotions doesn’t just disappear. It gets stuffed into the tissues of the body, and it turns into energy blockages. Many people have a backlog of emotions that were never expressed, and this can lead to a closed heart, imbalances in relationships, and even health problems. Sometimes we reach a tipping point, and the emotions come out like a violent storm that has a destructive effect.
I was taught in this in my healing classes: If you can clear, balance, and heal the heart chakra, everything else falls into place for you. If you are ready to work on this, I have partnered with Crystals by Nature to bring you the Open Heart Crystal Set. First and foremost, the crystals in this set help to clear the heart chakra and the emotional body of unprocessed, negative emotions from past experiences. It is also great for bringing relief to common uncomfortable emotional states—especially anxiety, anger, and depression. These crystals can bring in a greater feeling of love and comfort when you need it, and they open you to experiencing and expressing greater levels of love.
The Open Heart Set is so effective because of the magic of the stone combination, plus your intention. These stones harmonize with each other to help absorb and release old emotions, while producing a calming, balancing, and stabilizing effect. They also bring in the purest frequencies of love and nurturing. I am delighted to share with you the metaphysical properties of the five stones and step-by-step instructions for how to work with them to heal your heart.
Chrysocolla: Chrysocolla is a gorgeous stone with Caribbean color rays, and it is one of the best general cleansing stones out there due to its high copper content. Copper-bearing stones are great conductors of energy that open blocked energy flows. When placed over a chakra, they act like magnets that can draw out negative energy blockages. Chrysocolla is aligned with the Divine Feminine, and it works in a way that is gentle, yet powerful. It has an inherently nurturing vibration that is perfect for emotional healing. Chrysocolla creates a space of safety and love so that you can more easily let go. Then it draws out old emotional energy that has been stuck in your system, such as guilt, sadness, anger, and emotional pain. You can also turn to Chrysocolla when you feel you have picked up negative energy and emotions from other people and your surroundings. It is also very balancing and healing to many aspects of the body, including the thyroid, adrenals, liver, kidneys, intestines, hormones, and metabolism.
Lepidolite: Lepidolite is a beautiful stone that is normally in the pink, lavender, or purple spectrum and has a high lithium content. Crystals and stones containing lithium naturally emit a calming energy that can counteract feelings of panic, worry, anxiety, stress, anger, and other uncomfortable emotional states. It feels like a soothing balm that relieves frazzled nerves and helps you to take a deep breath, relax, and let go. It effectively clears the major and minor chakras, as well as the meridians, of blocked energy, unhealthy emotions, and negative thoughts.
Lepidolite has a filtering effect that is very helpful for empaths. It helps you to tune out extraneous energies, feelings, and impressions that you don’t need to absorb. It is highly recommended for sensitive people, because it fortifies the emotional body and helps you to be less affected by drama or chaos that might enter into your sphere. It also encourages you to set your own space and to lovingly keep the door closed to energies that would throw you off center.
Rhodonite: Rhodonite is a beautiful pink or rose-colored stone with veins or spots of black Manganese. Pink stones have a natural resonance with the heart chakra and emotional healing. The presence of Manganese adds a wonderful grounding and balancing quality that works with both the physical and emotional bodies. That is why Rhodonite is the perfect stone to turn to if you are experiencing erratic, intense, or out of control emotional states. It is one of my go-to stones to when dealing with anxiety, panic, grief, severe anger or depression, over-reactive emotions, or emotional burnout. Rhodonite works to calm and balance these feelings, helping you to put them into proper perspective. Regular work with it can assist you in rebuilding a more stable emotional foundation. It is also a stone of forgiveness, which allows you to let go of the past and move on. Rhodonite also helps you to shine higher levels of love and your soul gifts into the world. It is known for assisting you to manifest your highest path of service.
Rose Quartz: There is no better crystal than Rose Quartz for all matters of the heart and the emotional body. First and foremost, it helps you to develop greater levels of self-love. If you are still carrying wounds in the heart from past experiences, Rose Quartz can help to clear and heal them. It fills your heart with its loving presence, comforting you and reminding you that you are precious and worthy. If your heart is closed as a protective mechanism, Rose Quartz can encourage a gentle opening and greater receptivity to love. It enhances your sensitivity and empathy, and it is also known to help attract loving relationships.
Selenite wand: Selenite is a high vibration stone with an ethereal, peaceful, spiritual quality. It has a striated structure, which means that it has parallel grooves or lines recessed down the length of the stone. The striations in Selenite serve as pathways for higher dimensional light to be amplified and channeled through in a powerful way. Selenite also has a profound clearing effect, and we will use it as a wand to help clear the heart chakra.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for healing and clearing the heart chakra and the emotional body. You can easily do this treatment on yourself, and you can also perform it for loved ones and clients.
- Gather and cleanse the five stones you will use.You could use running water, sage, salt, sound, violet flame, or any crystal cleansing method you like.
- Create a comfortable and clear space for the treatment.Crystal healing works best if you or your client can feel safe and relaxed. This treatment is done lying down, so it will work great on a bed, a massage table, a couch, or even on a blanket placed on the floor. You might want to diffuse some relaxing essential oils, dim the lights, and play soft, meditative music. I also like to smudge the room with sage to clear the energy.
- Call in help from your soul and spirit team, and set positive healing intentions.I always get better healing results when I remember to formally invite in my own soul and healing guides to assist. I ask them to help me in creating the highest healing outcome.
- Place the Chrysocolla on the heart chakra (located at the center of the chest). Then place the Lepidolite to the left of the Chrysocolla, and place the Rhodonite to the right of the Chrysocolla. The Chrysocolla will serve to absorb and release old emotions and patterns that are blocking the heart chakra. The Lepidolite is positioned left, because the left side is your feminine side. Lepidolite will provide a calming, clearing, and balancing effect that feels very comforting. The Rhodonite is positioned right, which is your masculine side. It will bring stability to the emotions and assist with rebuilding a healthier emotional foundation.
- Hold the Selenite wand a few inches above the heart chakra, and make counterclockwise circles over the Chrysocolla. This creates a vortex to help draw any blockages or old emotions into the Chrysocolla for absorption and release. Stick with this for as long as you feel guided—a few minutes or longer. As you are doing this, unprocessed emotions might come up in a powerful way, or it might be really subtle. Just breathe into the feelings, or instruct your client to do so, and allow them to exit the system.
- Replace the Chrysocolla with the Rose Quartz. Once the Chrysocolla has done the job of helping to release the old emotions, the Rose Quartz will infuse the heart chakra with pure, loving frequencies. You can place your hands over the Rose Quartz and allow Divine love to flow.
- Leave the stones in place for a minimum of eleven minutes. It normally takes about eleven minutes for crystal energy to fully integrate into the chakras and bio-system. You are welcome to leave them in place for a longer amount of time, if that feels right.
- Remove and cleanse the stones when you are done.
Doing this heart-healing exercise is a wonderful act of self-love. The emotional body can have many layers, so I recommend repeating this exercise as often as you feel the need. You could do this once a month, once a week, or once a day, depending on what you are going through. If you need some extra emotional support, you might also want to carry these stones with you in their satin pouch. That way, you can benefit from their energies throughout the day.