FINLAND – THE MOST CONTENTED NATION ON THE PLANET
IT IS NOT JUST BECAUSE FINLAND IS THE PERMANENT HOME OF SANTA OR BECAUSE FINLAND HAS PRODUCED MORE GAMES PER CAPITA THAN ANY OTHER COUNTRY,
OR THE FACT THAT FINLAND IS WHERE ANGRY BIRDS AND CLASH OF THE CLANS ORIGINATED.
In a survey to establish who the 2018 state of global happiness is, 156 Countries were ranked for their happiness and 117 countries for the happiness of their immigrants. Pooled results from Gallup World Poll surveys from 2015-2017 was used to establish the winner. The World Happiness Report 2018 had a new top-ranking country this year, Finland who came out on top of both rankings.
12 Reasons why Finland is the best place on planet earth.
1. Finland is the safest place on earth
With the lowest threat level according to the 2018 Travel Risk Map. Crime rates are practically nonexistent and general safety issues are mostly related to car accidents. The biggest threat to your personal safety is a moose crossing the road.
2. Finland is the eco-friendliest country.
• They have more forests than any other country in Europe known as every man’s right, giving everyone freedom to walk everywhere in nature. Forests offer mushrooms and berries and lots of fresh air.
• Drive to be greener is an ongoing project to ensure a good transport system. The aim is that vehicle ownership becomes obsolete by 2025. At this stage, there are 2 400 miles of cycle lanes used by locals.
• Finland’s nickname is land of Thousand Islands. They are ranked second in the world, with 179,584 Islands.
• Home of 188,000 lakes. Lake Saaima is where the rarest seal in the world, the Saeima Ringed seal lives. With an endangered population of about 310.
• Helsinki has the cleanest tap water of all the big cities in Europe
3. Finland is the best place to spot the Northern Lights.
The Aurora borealis can appear more than 200 nights a year. The display occurs in many colors with pink and pale green as the most common colors, other colors have been reported.
4. Finland is the best place for skiing.
The skiing season lasts for more than six months from October to May. In the dark winter the ski slopes are lit, and in the spring the sun shines until late in the night.
5. Finland has the most coffee lovers in the world.
Finns known as coffee lovers consume more coffee per person than any other nation in the world.
According to the International Coffee Association, each Finn consumes 12 kilograms of coffee per year. This makes Finland the second-largest country in the world for per capita coffee consumption.
This could be because Hot beverage breaks the ice
6. Finland is known for gender equality
Being one of the world’s leading countries in fostering gender equality being the first country to grant women full political rights. In 1906, Finland became the first country in the world to give full voting and parliamentary rights to women. Men in Finland are still conscripted into military training, and in 1995 women were permitted to volunteer for the same training and go on into full-time military service. Since 2003, the Finnish government has launched an action plan covering multiple projects in an attempt to promote gender equality, reform existing laws, increase the number of women in politics and other key areas, and cut down upon domestic violence.
7. The best place to be a mother.
Mothers get to stay home for almost a year with full salary and excellent benefits. Free transport is provided in most of the cities to a parent with a child.
Finn’s expectant mothers have been given a box by the state for the past 75 years. It’s like a starter kit of clothes, sheets, and toys that can even be used as a bed. And some say it helped Finland achieve one of the world’s lowest infant mortality rates.
Both mothers and fathers get parental leave after the birth of a child, Mothers are entitled to four months paid maternity leave, and fathers can take up to 54 days paid paternity leave.
8. Finland has the best education system in the world.
They are ranked first for the best country for education, and it is for free.
9. Finland has the best internet.
Finland features in the top ten countries which provides rapid internet experience ensuring great Wi-Fi.
Average Latency : 70 ms
Average Download : 28.22 Mbps
Average Upload : 12.56 Mbps
10. Finland is home to the most beautiful Cathedrals
11. Finland is home to the most Heavy Metal bands
Finland has 54 Heavy Metal Bands the most metal bands per capita in the world. We don’t know about right governance, but Finland certainly does have a ridiculous amount of metal talent in residence. Here is a lowdown on some of the bands that put the country on the map…
*Children Of Bodom
12. Finland has the most saunas
Finns are obsessed with communal cleansing, with 3 million saunas in a country with 5.4 million people.
Despite the long winters, Finland is the proverbial land of milk and honey.
This article is copyrighted material and not permitted to reproduce, publish, sell, or distribute without asking for prior permission from The Open Mind.