Although most of us live in good physical conditions, some of us are not that fortunate. Some people are blind, deaf, mute, or suffer from other abnormalities. But that doesn’t mean that they are any different from us. Despite their condition, they are still as equally talented as us.
We will be talking of one such talented soul. It is of a blind Japanese skater who took the internet by surprise. He became popular last December because of his impressive moves and cane tricks.
An Instagram user under the username the_jido recently uploaded some video clips of this unnamed skater. He was captured when riding concrete waves in the skateboard park. This blind skater even dressed to suit the role. His baggy t-shirt and jeans gave him the typical skateboarder look.
Although people had seen skateboarders before, not many have seen one with a white cane.
This blind skateboarder uses his cane to navigate when he skates. Apparently, the talented skateboarder is named Ryusei Ouchi. Although he was born with perfect sight, at age seven, his vision started to deteriorate.
According to this blind skateboarder, he had been skateboarding since he was 15 years of age. He uses the ramps to express himself, and he gets by with the support from his cane. There are many videos of him on the internet performing various tricks.
What he lacks in sight, he makes up for it through his phenomenal skateboarding skills. This talented star rides rails, drops in and off large ramps, and also does handstand tricks. His level of motivation and dedication is inspirational, despite that he is blind.
Many people from all around the world have praised his talents. Ouchi’s aim is to spread awareness about the visually impaired community using skateboarding as his weapon. He hopes that society will be more understanding of the issues they face.
Below is a list of five famous blind people
- Helen Keller, born in Alabama, was a blind and deaf American author, political activist, disability rights advocate, and lecturer. She lost her hearing and sight after an illness at about nineteen months.
- Dr. Abraham Nemeth was a Professor of Mathematics at the University of Detroit Mercy in Detroit, Michigan. He was an inventor and mathematician. Nemeth was blind and known for producing a system for blind people to read and write mathematics.
- Ray Charles was an American songwriter, singer, pianist, and composer. He was blinded in childhood due to glaucoma.
- Joaquin Rodrigo (1901–1999) was a Spanish composer best known for composing the Concierto de Aranjuez, a cornerstone of the classical guitar repertoire.
- Marla Runyan, born in Santa Maria, California, is a three-time national champion in the women’s 5000 metres. She is a track and field athlete, roadrunner, and marathon runner who is legally blind.
Isn’t he just amazing? Does he inspire you? Worth sharing this inspiring story with your family and friends to bring awareness to the community.
Permission to use images granted by the_jido