Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.-
A study found that people living closer to the ocean have better health than those who don’t.
Loads of research has been conducted on green space and the human health benefits but what about the more liquid landscapes also referred to as “Blue space.”
Health benefits can now be related directly to blue space. Blue space, for example, is landscape, restoration, creation, design, emotions and more. The sensual perception of blue space includes its color, motion and the sound of the water. Blue area includes coasts and oceans, lakes and river.
According to an article in the International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health “Water is one of the most important physical, aesthetic landscape elements,”
Potential benefits of going to the beach according to scientists are health, mental health, physical activity and most important general wellbeing:
• The Ocean creates the feeling of peace and calmness and has a positive effect on your brain.
• The sun, water, and smell of sunscreen can relieve your stress levels allowing more creativity by uncluttering your mind.
• The calmness of the waves reduces depression and gives you mental clarity changes your perspective and does wonders to your soul.
• The beach invokes feelings of connection and compassion; water connects you to nature making you more empathetic
• Physical activity on the beach gives a more mental boost than exercising indoors.
• Coastal environments have higher amounts of sunshine leading to higher levels of vitamin D.
• Exposure to natural environments like the beach has positive outcomes on your general health with considerably weaker health issues on obesity and cardiovascular health
People living closer to the ocean have better health than those who don’t. If you don’t stay close to the sea make sure that you regularly visit it will free your soul.
This article is copyrighted material and not permitted to reproduce, publish, sell, or distribute without asking for prior permission by The Open Mind.